• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need an adjustable track bar with RE6030?

CSaddict

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have decided to go 3.5 and 31's to start. I have to put a child in and out so I don't want it too high. Anyway, do I NEED an adjustable track bar? Will it only align properly with one? I have no problem buying one if thats the case but I don't really know if its needed with such a small lift.

P.S. Is it worth the $60 to upgrade from the DT 3000 shocks to the RE monotubes?

Thanks in advance, I did search first.
Dave

yes you do need the new trackbar.. a stock one will work but it will offset the axle too far and kill your tires.. i know first hand.... the stock bracket "can" be redrilled but its a band-aid and you seem like you arent looking to take short cuts... i had the DT3000 last year and the RE twin-tube this year.... they are both very firm..

Thanks for the response. I am not looking to skimp on something so important. If the DT shocks will be ok then I can use the money I would save and put it towards the correct adjustable track bar.

relocation bracket = band-aid.... thats why so many other kits are cheaper... it will "work" but it's all in how you prefer to set your rig up.. a good lift and tires cost over $1000 easily.. why skimp over $100 more?

do it right, do it once.

Money is always a worry. I have a set budget for the truck, suspension, wheels, tires, and misc used car maintanance like belts hoses fluid change, worn parts, brakes, etc.....

Im just looking to make it as safe as possible and still be able to do some light wheeling.

Back