• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Window Problem (Passenger side)

AndrewXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My window has not been able to go down for a couple months now. Since I have had it, when I put the window all the way down, it gets stuck about 2" from the bottom, and the only way to get it up is to push the button the same time I pull the window up. Now, the window doesnt go up or down, unless I peel up the panel at the bottom, and theres this little black box that I have to mess with and hit the button again while I mess with it, and it goes up fine. I want to fix all this, what parts seem to be messed up here?

not sure what year etc. but... I would bet money you just need that side window regulator. they are real simple to replace but a bit pricey.

I had that problem and it was just the hose in the door that protects the window cable ( i now that probibly not what it is called but anyway) i gets really dry inside after time and needs lubed I replace the hose with some fuel line and filled it with ALOT of white greese put it back on and has worked greak for a few years now.

I have a 2000XJ that has had the reulator and motor replaced twice in the past year (by dealer) and its still not right. i was told by the parts guy that theyve had problems with this "version" of regulators.

Back