• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo gear-sensor drama:P

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
no drama yet, but ii reinstalled my speedo gear into my new TC and now my speedometer does not work, it bounced few times all the way to the end of my speedometer and thats it, and then it threw a code. Also would it be possible that my Tranny would shift weird and sometimes slip because of that?

Purple said:
no drama yet, but ii reinstalled my speedo gear into my new TC and now my speedometer does not work, it bounced few times all the way to the end of my speedometer and thats it, and then it threw a code. Also would it be possible that my Tranny would shift weird and sometimes slip because of that?
did you put the sensor in right? there is a dot that you have to line up with based on how many teeth the gear has. Also sometimes yo uhave to rotate it a hair after lining up with the dot just so that it engages.

uhmm... dot? :p i will look for it:) my speedo does not work at all right now, is there a fuse for it?

Purple said:
uhmm... dot? :p i will look for it:) my speedo does not work at all right now, is there a fuse for it?

OK, look at the body of the gear: there will be number ranges on it. Find the range that corresponds to the number of teeth your gear has. Then look at the tcase where the speedo mounts: There should be a dot or something that marks the spot how to line it up with the gear body.

ITS AA SYE Cone, there is nothing there, i checked already, i will try different positions, and see what happens, is there a fuse for these things?

Purple said:
ITS AA SYE Cone, there is nothing there, i checked already, i will try different positions, and see what happens, is there a fuse for these things?
As far as I know there is no independent fuse as this is just a sensor (sensors are not fused). ANyways pop it out, stick your finger in, feel fir the geer and then when you put the speedo in rotate it and in one position you will feel it reach something and not want to go any further. Also you might want to contact Advanced Adapters for support.

everything is cool , jacked up the jeep, put it on axle stands, my father got inside and put it in D and "drove it" :) , and i lyied under playing with the speedo thingy. Got it to work after few tries:) Thanks a lot all:)

Purple said:
everything is cool , jacked up the jeep, put it on axle stands, my father got inside and put it in D and "drove it" :) , and i lyied under playing with the speedo thingy. Got it to work after few tries:) Thanks a lot all:)

Now mark the tcase for the proper position :D

Back