• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help finding new crossover tube

leadfoot77

NAXJA Forum User
recently in the progress of swapping in a banks headder my buddy cut my crossover tube in 2 and im having a tough time finding a new one any clues to where i could get a cheap new 1 or a good used 1...

2001 xj limited, 4.5 lift rollin on 33x12.5's,

leadfoot77 said:
recently in the progress of swapping in a banks headder my buddy cut my crossover tube in 2 and im having a tough time finding a new one any clues to where i could get a cheap new or used...

a.) find salvage yard that has jeeps

b.) jeep stealership

c.) aftermarket downpipes are avaliable search here I guess

I replaced mine b/c it was badly dented. Cost around $55.

i've noticed a lot of talk about this crossover tube. are the borla headers the ONLY headers that come with a proper replacement? i noticed that mine has some pretty deep clearencing in it for the uptravel of the suspension. this looks like perhaps the most restrictive part of the whole exhaust. does that mean the banks will only fit with a suspension lift? what about the newer 2000+ manifold setup? is this possibly a performance upgrade or are the headers a lot better than this also? ideally a good header setup would have to have a crossover pipe also. increasing the flow from the block the the bend in the stock crossover doesn't seem like much of a performance improvement, you still have a bottleneck. has everyone just gone to an exhaust shop or are there pre made replacements available?

Back