• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best plugs for a 2000

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
When I'm on the trail and start my Jeep after being shut off it misses for about 30 second to a minute and then runs fine. I was going to start by changing the plugs. What is the best plug for a 2000? Any other sugestion on what could be causing the missing? It only seems to happen on the trail.

cylinders mis-firing /skipping and no trouble light?? i always use the suggested stock replacement plugs... if the PROPER new plugs dont remedy the problem you need to look elsewhere for the problem. the wrong plugs can even cause their own issues.. don't get caught up in "band-aid" tech.. your rig is too new to take short cuts on.. and new enough that it can tell you what is wrong with it.

go to Ricer Zone and have them scan it your CEL may be burnt out so you couldn't tell if the puter was throwin out anycodes or not. After that bring said codes back here or do a search for OBDII codes and we or it can tell you what is wrong.

there have also been other posts about this.. apparently the gurus at chrsyler changed the intake manifold for 2000, this created a problem where your engine may catch fire.. The solution was to put a silver heat shield under the injectors.

Well the down side to this is the fuel rail is getting hot and the #3 cylinder is getting a periodic miss. check w/ dealer should be a sleave to put on. Mine does the same thing (only I have been too lazy to get to dealer).

good luck..

p.s if anyone else finds out was a plug problem. please let me know what you used

Thanks.

Seamoose said:
there have also been other posts about this.. apparently the gurus at chrsyler changed the intake manifold for 2000, this created a problem where your engine may catch fire.. The solution was to put a silver heat shield under the injectors.

Well the down side to this is the fuel rail is getting hot and the #3 cylinder is getting a periodic miss. check w/ dealer should be a sleave to put on. Mine does the same thing (only I have been too lazy to get to dealer).

good luck..

p.s if anyone else finds out was a plug problem. please let me know what you used

Thanks.
For the record. The fire thing is caused by letting debries collect on top of the manafold. It is in not the design of the new intake which I believe actually changed in 99. This also is part of the injector misfire thing. The recall fix is a heat sheild that goes between the intake, and exaust manafolds that prohibits debries collection, and helps with the provention of vaporlock on the #3 injector. They also should give you the sleaves to put on the injestors too.

Back