• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Specs, RE 5.5 LA

alosix

NAXJA Forum User
We've peiced together a kit for my bud's XJ that's about the size of the RE 5.5 LA kit, but we still need shocks.

I was wondering if anyone had Bilstein or OME part numbers/specs for shocks for a lift this size on an XJ?

Thanks,
Jason

alosix said:
We've peiced together a kit for my bud's XJ that's about the size of the RE 5.5 LA kit, but we still need shocks.

I was wondering if anyone had Bilstein or OME part numbers/specs for shocks for a lift this size on an XJ?

Thanks,
Jason
How about you measure what travel you got and then ask for part numbers that closest match the wheel travel?

alosix said:
Parts still in the box. Hoping to be able to knock this out in one shot with all of the parts here.

Jason
Well you can try and use someone elses numbers but if you want to do this right you will want to do the shocks after you put the lift in and measured it. I would even go as far as suggesting to take it for a spin (slow) around the block to get things to settle to where they should be before measuring.

Kejtar said:
Well you can try and use someone elses numbers but if you want to do this right you will want to do the shocks after you put the lift in and measured it. I would even go as far as suggesting to take it for a spin (slow) around the block to get things to settle to where they should be before measuring.

I agree. When I ordered my LA kit they sent me shocks that should of been the correct lengths. Now the shocks limit my travel a lot. I found out when I installed shims and extended bumpstops. My axles would drop about six inches or more when the shocks were disconnected..

ive been running no shocks on the back for almost 2 weeks trying to soften up my springs. half the time i dont even notice it. only times i notice theyre not there is on speedbumps and potholes. once my springs settle down and its no longer arse-high, ill throw my shocks on.

olivedrabcj7 said:
ive been running no shocks on the back for almost 2 weeks trying to soften up my springs. half the time i dont even notice it. only times i notice theyre not there is on speedbumps and potholes. once my springs settle down and its no longer arse-high, ill throw my shocks on.

yikes!

Back