• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new home fab bumper

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
well the title says it all
DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

well i still need to put the diamond plate on and get the wench and install it, it will sit down in the center section, i will post more pics when i get the plate on.

the tubing is over kill, 2"x4" 1/4" wall thickness, but hay, it was free!

Free is good, I used to build nerf bars for VW's out of issue USGovt bed frames when I was stationed in hawaii. Use what ya got... :D
Looks good...

AJsArmor said:
I assume you're going to weld that top to the mounts as well? That and the winch plate and it will be pretty bombproof. Good work!
thank you for the compliment, but the truth is i got some aluminum diamond plate ( free again ) so i am going to drill, tap and bolt the plate down and when i get the winch i will then weld some 1/8" steel plate on the top of the outer sections and some 1/4" or 3/8" diamond plate for the winch mount plate ( that is in the future ) plus, i still want to mount lights somewhere.

some times you cant just giterdun

Troy

Last edited:
i think it looks awesome... i see this stuff and wonder why the heck i cant do it?

those brackets you welded to the 2x4 to are those the stock bumper mounts? or did you make those? or if their aftermarkets, where did you get them?

think it looks awesome... dying to do this stuff

JOe

the brackets...... well, you are right, those are the stock brackets. i decided not to remove the bumper portion of the tow hook brackets and fabricate new one's, i decided " why, these work fine for the stock bumper, and they are already here" and then a piece of chock to trace the outline of the stock mounts to the 2X4 tubing mounts and then i cut it out with a sawzall and ground down the tubes to match the contour and welded them on.

to do this stuff all you have to do is ........

TRY, because if you never try you never do!

i used to think that my rear bumper was way overkill on mine too lol. the main peice is 2x2x.25 and i bent one side pretty bad, ive straightened most of it out but i need to reinforce it now. doubt ull have a problem just givin u a heads up.

kolby

coolest thing bout making my stuff is when it gets beat to cr@p like the professionaly made stuff and comes away looking better than theirs! the next best thing is when it does get tweaked, i can fix it.

another cool thing is the complements you get, thank you for all the replies, it is appriciated.

Troy

P.S. i got the diamond plate on today, i will post pics in the late morning

as promised i am puting pics of the compleated ( less the winch, i still need to purchase ) bumper.

DSCN0339.jpg

DSCN0348.jpg

1/8" aluminum diamond plate bolted directly to the bumper with 3/8-16 bolts, the winch mounting will be added when i get the winch.

Troy

around 60lbs or so, i didnt weigh it but it is heavy

thats awesome.... i really like the look of it, and going by the size of the tubing and thickness it sounds pretty damn functional as well..... you did a great job..... might talk to you about making a front and rear set for mine...... possible career change?

Back