• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c valve

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
the valve under the cap where you put in the freon. can this be replaced? i have broken two tools attempting to get it out. i believe that is where my freon is leaking out. have the extra valves but cant get it out. someone suggested i might have to replace the whole metal tube, went to the stealership and they told me they cant sell it. any ideas?....it's really friggin hot :mad:

and today it hits the 90's :flame:...anyone

What year and/or type of compressor? On my '89 there's a Schrader valve under the cap on the service port fitting but also a stop valve built into the compressor manifold. The Schrader isn't very important if it's leaking as long as the stop valve is working. Memory fails me but I think the stop valves may be left-hand thread? Do you have the little aluminum caps covering the stop valve stems?

Poor man's method to evacuate is plug the suction line and leave the high pressure line open. Jumper the freon pressure switch and let it run until you reach a good steady vacuum. Seal the high line, connect your can and charge oil/freon through suction line to proper volume. This method is probably a felony but it works okay if you don't have an old compressor or vacuum pump to connect. I did this 5 years ago in a parking lot in Phoenix when I converted to R134 and my system is still healthy.

have a a/c maching at work, add and remove freon(free:)) its a 99. and the tool in the top right corner is the one i broke. are they left hand thread? not sure about the different vavles, but the one on the metal line with the cap where you add freon. we added some at work since i thought it was the problem and we sprayed soapy water on it you could see it was bubbling slightly.

Back