• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BANG..grinding noise...please help..

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
so im crusing down the road at about 20 heard a loud bang and grinding definetly coming from the tcase... pulled the front dshaft .. ran it down the road was gone for a bit then started right back up.. wtf is doing it.. did i break a link or something inside the tcase? what can i check.. . this SUCKS

were you in 4x4 when you heard the first bang while you were "cruzin down da road"?

i was not in 4 wheel drive.. im going to jack the back end off the ground put it in 4wd and see if the front output shaft turns.. if it doesnt then the linkage inside is broke right?

Silverstreak01 said:
i was not in 4 wheel drive.. im going to jack the back end off the ground put it in 4wd and see if the front output shaft turns.. if it doesnt then the linkage inside is broke right?

maybe...maybe not. But if it DOES work...Where do you think your rig will go ?

if linkage = chain to you, then yes

BTW, i've had my chain slip and catch again which causes a loud bang, hence why i was asking.

IF MY front dshaft IS NOT connected and the back wheels are off the ground it wont go anywhere ! its only to check if the 4wd is working. if the front yoke is spinning its not the chain thats broke

Silverstreak01 said:
IF MY front dshaft IS NOT connected and the back wheels are off the ground it wont go anywhere ! its only to check if the 4wd is working. if the front yoke is spinning its not the chain thats broke

I was gonna say....but you got it covered;)

Silverstreak01 said:
It still may be bad AND still turn without a LOAD on it,if the chain is skipping!

Back