• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ccv / oil pan gasket/rear main seals update

JMH

NAXJA Forum User
Okay mopar called today with the rest of the parts i need to upgrade the ccv to the 2000 model like on madxj's site.. Same type 1993 4.0L HO cherokee country. While i was there i asked them to get me a new oil cap as well cause after cleaning the engine down, i noticed oil coming from around the cap. Raining today and this is the only car we have right now so i haven't been able to do much to it today, though i did put on the new oil cap on the valve cover. Now before i did at a cold start the oil psi would come up to 40 mark , after heating up it would come down to about 20, then at idle it would drop below like around the 12 to 15 mark on the gague. With the new oil cap on i started the engine not thinking much about it making any diff in the oil pressure to go the store. Been watching the oil gague like a hawk cause the oil problems which i will be fixing in the next week. At start up , the engine was pretty warm and it went up to 40, as the temp got up to normal the oil pressure stayed at 40 or a little above under pressure from giving it gas to go up a hill, never happen sence i've own the jeep has it stayed at 40 or around once warm and at a stop/idle the oil pressure didn't drop below 20 .

Any way just fingured i posted this as i found it a little odd and I'll post more as i get more steps in my quest to the oil gremlins completed

been a few days , didn't get a chance to do much but i did get the valve cover gasket done started it late Sat. eveing. Once i got it off i started to take out the ccv parts out over the cover and they was a PITA, broke them getting them out as a matter of fact. But oncei got them out i noticed they didn't match the ones i got from the dealership, which was the ones you put in and turn 90 degrees for a 93 4.0L , Mine is a 93 4.0L but must of been bulit in late 93 with 94 parts. Cause i had to wait till monday moring with the parts department was open to get the right ones. which just push in (always my lucky it seems). But there was a ton of gunk / suldge build up in the top of the head and valve cover, cleaned them out with a vac and the cover down that took a while. Some must of had it off before as it had a old cork gasket on it which was broken in the back of the cover at the rear of the engine. This in turn was putting out the oil it appears to the Tune of 2 to 3 quarts a week depending on the amount of driving. And making a loud whistling sound when at idle and at speed some times. Like the others have said this Looked to be the rear main seal also. Kock wood . At lease 100 miles of driving no oil blowing out and the oil level hasn't droped like it would have by now. Also i replaced the ccv hose on the rear from the 93 style to the 2000 version as it is almost twice the dia of the 93 like on the madxj web site. The old one which i cut open to find it blocked from the fitting on the manifold to about over half way. No telling if had ever been clean or replaced.

But heres some parts numbers i used for this.

Bought New oil cap part #53020555 price 6.50
(wanted to keep it looking like the old one and not a cheap one size fits all from autozone or where ever)

manifold fitting part #4854194 price 5.50
(this is the fitting that changes the one in the 93 manifold to fit the new 2000 tube i replaced the old one with , had to wait a day as they didn't have it in stock)

2000 rear tube/hose from ccv fitting to manifold fitting part #4854265 price 11.81

New 93 front hose to air box part #53006239 price 11.05

And sence my late modle 93 is useing some 94 parts they are these numbers for the 94 ccv fitting in the valve cover hopfully i don't reverse the names of these descriptions but the parts numbers are right (note mine Push in, they have like a ring that locks under the rubber in the valve cover and are a pain to get out )

Rear ccv fitting part #53030495 price 8.23
Front ccv fitting part #53030497 price 5.29

Here's the 93 model ccv fitting numbers (the ones you put in and turn 90 degrees for those that need it )

Rear part #53030492 price 6.23
Front part #53030591 price 4.23

Oh and a gasket and some sealer to hold it in place from autozone, umm about 8 bucks. The prices at dealership vary though. But those are the numbers of the parts i used. just wanted to post a update cause i noticed some theads don't end or give a update. Checking oil every so offen . No lose as of yet and no blow by or oil buring smell and i don't fog the area at a stop no more lol. Going to change the oil in a day or so if all looks good. Don't like running that cheap stuff in there but i was loseing so much i couldn't afford to put in the anything that cost to much

Back