• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Link / lift question

kevin s

NAXJA Forum User
I am only going up 2". Do I need longer links or can I get away without them (flex issues aside for the moment). If I need them, I'll go ahead and get the JKS quicker disconnects. I have "cash flow" issues, if you get my drift.

kevin s said:
I am only going up 2". Do I need longer links or can I get away without them (flex issues aside for the moment). If I need them, I'll go ahead and get the JKS quicker disconnects. I have "cash flow" issues, if you get my drift.

You can get away without replacing them, but they may break when you go to remove them to install your lift, in which case you might as well put in the disconnects anyway.

Isn't that the truth. I was going to replace the bushings last summer and snapped both of the links. I'll probably do the same thing again, then have to wait for Mr. Brown.

kevin s said:

Your missing some vital info....LIKE....how high you are now, i mean how much lift you have on your jeep. I can only assume you are stock.

Sorry. Yes, stock '92. I have been collecting parts: 2" OME coils and standard length OME shocks all around. Will probably do an AAL in the rear until I can afford full leaf packs. I want to stick with 2 inches or so, so I don't have to worry about all the other stuff that comes with 3-4" and up. I already have the 30x9-1/2 Revos. Don't want 31s. Mostly street, mild occasional offroad.

nope, your cool into the 3's as far as links are concerned. The stock ones are a bit weak when it comes to landing with the force of the jeep on them, or sliding. But I dont think you could get into too much trouble on 30's

Back