• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Night And Day

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
WARNING... this is an OME GLOAT.

Changed out my 3000mile Rough Country Nitros for a set of OME's. Dirk at DPG took care of me and got em in a couple days.

The difference is UNREAL. People... you can argue the merits of all the different brands but let me tell you, you can NOT GO WRONG with OME's. Even the quality of the hardware, the bushings, everything is so much better. You do NOT need BPE's on the lower fronts with OME's Their o-ring locked bar pin is solid and does NOT allow any play of the eye and bushing.

I cant attest to Bilsteins or Edelbrocks but OME's are by far the BEST MOD I've installed on my Jeep.

Will OME's work up to 5.5" of lift? I've heard they don't make them much bigger than lifts for 3" and I saw you had 3.5"? I might try them next time around.

ckh550 said:
Will OME's work up to 5.5" of lift? I've heard they don't make them much bigger than lifts for 3" and I saw you had 3.5"? I might try them next time around.

Check HERE
MMIXJ said:
up front i'm running the OME long travel nitros for a YJ, as they're longer than the XJ version.
thanks to dirk at DPG offroad for that tip (and good prices too). ;)

terry

Billy

Fair enough...i was just answering, well, my own question as to whether they make them for 6" of lift. So they do. I've dealt with Rocky Road before and everything went fine, but I know DPG is good stuff too.

Anyone know the OME part numbers for those shocks for 4-6" of lift? Is it N35L and N36L, like it says on the ARB site?

http://arbusa.com/Seattle/UVAG_PDF/jeep_xj.pdf

It says they're good for 3-5in, so I don't know why people keep telling me they won't fit on the 4.5in lift I'm getting. Hmm...confused.

Last edited:
I have an ome set up with the long travel shocks and like it. My lift is tops 4". I suggest doing some serious measuring and calculating before expecting these shocks to work on a 6" lift.

Here's some specs to start with.

OME Front Rear
N35C N35L N36C N36L
Compressed 13.7 15.43 13.46 14.41
Extended 22.36 26.69 22.13 24.49
total travel 8.66 11.26 8.67 10.08

Are you using any BPE's in your setup?

tdr1213 said:
I have an ome set up with the long travel shocks and like it. My lift is tops 4". I suggest doing some serious measuring and calculating before expecting these shocks to work on a 6" lift.

Here's some specs to start with.

OME Front Rear
N35C N35L N36C N36L
Compressed 13.7 15.43 13.46 14.41
Extended 22.36 26.69 22.13 24.49
total travel 8.66 11.26 8.67 10.08

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjstm.php

Think these would help? Since they can drop your upper shock mounts from 1.5" to 3.5". SO if you get the long travel shocks (3.5-5" lift) with a 3.5" shock relocator...you should be in the clear.

Just trying to put this puzzle together. I might try it.

Dirk Pitt said:
I would however choose DPG or Jeepin Outfitters over that particular vendor though.

YMMV but I doubt it.
I havent bought anything from DPG yet, but I got some stuff from Jeepin Outfitters a while back. There service was awesome. Everything arrived before the date it was supposed to. Even took the time to reply to my thank you E mail letter.

scoobyxj said:
I havent bought anything from DPG yet, but I got some stuff from Jeepin Outfitters a while back. There service was awesome. Everything arrived before the date it was supposed to. Even took the time to reply to my thank you E mail letter.

My exact experience.

Dirk at DPG is great. Very knowledgable. Will actually will listen to your (my) long story of what you want out of your jeep and lift, and make suggestions for you, even gave me the

1. "cheap" I don't recommend it option,

2. this is good, and not to bad of price option, and

3. this is the best, you will never be sorry you bought it option.

I bought everything he suggested and have never looked back, and as a side note, since I bought my entire lift, shocks, DS, SYE, etc from him, I got all the "best" stuff at lower than junk prices from other places.

Back