• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's always the small stuff (factory security)

junkxj

NAXJA Forum User
Let me start by saying that I did read every old post that was found by searching this. My 92 heep is having problems. It will start and run for about 1 second then die. I had my battery unhooked, and of course when I hooked it back up the lights flashed and all that. I have had this problem before, and have always had luck by locking and unlocking the rear door. This does not work anymore, and the secuity system will stay on for a while then go off. I have tried all the doors, with no luck. When I try to start it the security light stays on, which I don't remember ever happening before. I have read several ways to trick the system, and would greatly appreciate more help with exactly how to do this. I have looked at the wires that go to the rear hatch, and am not sure which ones have to be grounded to work. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I feel stupid for having to ask such a dumb question.

well, when i did my ... something... i discoed my battery, when i plugged it back in, a siren went off!!! i never knew i had one!!! so quickly with my hood open i found the source of headache, and cut the wires! that was not all of that.... my lights kept on flashing, regardless of me opening up everysingle keyhole, and closing it. so for about half a day i was fu***d with my XJ sticking half way out of my garage:p anyway, to make the story short, i found an alarm box, and three different power wires with fuses attatched to it. After successfully removing all the fuses, my jeep still runs! :)

I have pulled aftermarket security systems from cars before and they ran fine. From what I have read about the factory security system on a xj, you can't just pull fuses. THIS is why I asked this question, because I have seen so many conflicting explanitions on how to disable the factory alarm.

you will have to replace at least one of the disarm switches attatched
to the lock cylinder
at least if one works it will diasble system
there should be one for each cylinder

muddyjeep1997 said:
you will have to replace at least one of the disarm switches attatched
to the lock cylinder
at least if one works it will diasble system
there should be one for each cylinder

Can you get these anywhere besides the dealer, and does anyone know a price on these?

I worked on my xj all day, and tried everything I have found here and on other forums. I have had no luck, and really could use any suggestions for what has worked for others who have had this problem. Thanks alot.

Back