• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Formattfab Tube Doors

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got around to installing one of my Formattfab tube doors on the XJ. Didn't get time to get to the passenger side yet.

The door fits perfect. The latch works great with the factory door pin. After a little adjustment on the factory door hinge I can go from stock door to tube door in about 5 minutes. Same for the reinstall.

f4112878.jpg

f411287e.jpg

f4112881.jpg

Chris S said:
Nice but do you have a cage? If not I would be worried about popping window seals and weakening the A-pillar from additional body flex.
Not worried about it at all.

hasta

hmmm...all we need now is some pics of the 1/4 guards..;)

You know, I really really really want to go tube door, or doorless on the XJ, but I just cant get over the fear of having my sh!t stolen. I mean, granted, guys with open top TJ's YJ's CJ's etc. all have this dillemma, but I just carry waaay to much money worth the gear in my jeep to just leave completely vulnerable-- as do most of the rest of us, Im sure. I mean like in the thousands. And I live in an apt. complex with no garage. I dont want my junk just sitting wide open all night for dirty bastards to get into. What would YOU GUYS do to remedy that??

Like I said, I really really really dig these Formatt Fab tube doors.

cover your jeep in NRA stickers and keep empty casings all over the back. There is no way someone if going to steal from a person proudly showing his gun support. If that doesnt work you could always just lift the jeep up high enoug so no1 can see whats in it let alone get into it to steal stuff.

Lol, those are good ideas. I really dont want to go any higher though. Im over 10 now, and... uh... yeah. But the NRA stickers are a thought. But I dont like stickers... hmm.

Man I really like those doors though. How much they run, anyhow?

I've seen those doors on a rig and they are sweet. The latch looks like it will work great and the fab work was first rate.

ArcticXJ said:
You know, I really really really want to go tube door, or doorless on the XJ, but I just cant get over the fear of having my sh!t stolen. I mean, granted, guys with open top TJ's YJ's CJ's etc. all have this dillemma, but I just carry waaay to much money worth the gear in my jeep to just leave completely vulnerable-- as do most of the rest of us, Im sure. I mean like in the thousands. And I live in an apt. complex with no garage. I dont want my junk just sitting wide open all night for dirty bastards to get into. What would YOU GUYS do to remedy that??

Like I said, I really really really dig these Formatt Fab tube doors.

Just a thought, the guy said he can go door to doorless in 5 minutes. Put your doors on when you get to the apartment complex. Or take off the driver side only and carry it in the back - when you get where you're going put it on...

DR

nice....i need some for my 2 door

mack said:
hmmm...all we need now is some pics of the 1/4 guards..;)

They are next on the list!!!

If I wouldn't keep busting parts I would have more time to install my new mods.

formatt said:
I'm working on two new designs right now. We'll see how those work out.

could one of these designs posibly be for 97+ 2 doors??? :)

I would love a set of these also. Where can I get them and how much will it cost me?

Curt

Back