• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accident-ly purchased 98 xj

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
03256625_9X.JPG

with a ding or so in it....anyone know if the a-pillars and front section of the roof on a 98 would interchange with a 89-90 model year...

yellowxj said:
anyone know if the a-pillars and front section of the roof on a 98 would interchange with a 89-90 model year...

I believe you could make it work... I used a roof from a 2-door late 80's model (Thanks Matt Currie!) to fix up my '97 4-door after the great rollover of '01, so anything is possible. Peterbuilt (Thanks again!) and I just had to modify the back end of the roof panel near the hatch to accomodate the newer style hinges.

Looks like the front door and rear quarter on the passenger side are fawked too.

Last edited:
Due to an unfortunate miscommunication we wound up with this xj....now theres a lot of work to make it safe...yippee... hasta

for the amount of money its gonna cost to fix that pos you could've got another xj, one thats not totalled. chances are that thing needs alot more work than just an A pillar and door, those things are very weak and the roof is'nt intended to hold the weight of the car when it rolled, the whole roof is probrably swayed to some extent. after replacing the roof and all the frame work, new door, quarter blah blah then all the body and paint work its gonna need after you weld it up, its gonna be a mess, i'd part the thing out or sell it.

eric

and theres not sense in just replacing the "front section" of the roof, it does'nt work like that. thats like replacing half of your hood cause the other half is fucked or half of a fender, i mean yeah its possible as anything is if you try hard enough and have the money to do it but theres just on point and it will never look right.

Back