• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to access the back of stereo on a 99?

Rusty from Cleveland

NAXJA Forum User
I have had an old amp and some truck boxes that I have been wanting to install on my 99 for a few years now and want to do so in the near future. I have an aftermarket stereo (the big chrystler/GM sized pioneer) that the place that I bought it from installed. What I need to do is find out how you pull the dash off, or whatever is needed, to get access to the back of the radio in order to plug in 2 RCA jacks and pull 12V to the amp. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Hello to all! Been a long time since I have been on the site. Change of shift at my work, baby boy on the way, and the wife on bed rest until the baby gets here. Gotta get this thing installed before the baby gets here................Rusty

I did the same on my 98. Just grab the trim piece below the rear wiper/ defroster switch and pull. It has metal snap clips that will come loose at the bottom then work it the rest of the way off. Be sure to put the tranny in low so you will have more room. Then it is 2 screws and the radio will fall out. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the tip. Will try to tackle it sometime this week...........Rusty

Back