• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 Waterpump suggestions?

FUNKYTEE5

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for some opinions on what will be a good waterpump to get? I've heard some good things about the newer style oem pump and Flowcoolers. I'm planning on a 4.7 soon so I'd like a unit that will provide good flow to keep the stroker cool! Any suggestions on which one to go for? Thanks.

FUNKYTEE5

I just installed a new asc aluminum pump from autozone. I also replaced the lower hose, S belt and 180* tstat (fit perfect). At the same time I pressure flushed the radiator. Yesterday I wheeled for about 4 hours after work and it never hit the midpoint. Just my observation of the asc pump.

-r0

I have an '03 block with the new style OEM water pump. Haven't run the motor yet. The water pump on it has a plastic impeller like the aluminum one on the HESCO. The housing has an extra bolt hole and two of the bolt holes are in different places than the '00 water pump I took off another block. The '00 water pump has a regular impeller.
Tom

I am rocking an ASC Autozone special. I was gonna go flow cooler, but only heard bad stuff. Not to mention autozone has a lifetime warrrenty on almost all of their crap, so how can you go wrong. Not to mention it was like $100 cheaper then some of the "hi-po" units.

sintax said:
I am rocking an ASC Autozone special. I was gonna go flow cooler, but only heard bad stuff. Not to mention autozone has a lifetime warrrenty on almost all of their crap, so how can you go wrong. Not to mention it was like $100 cheaper then some of the "hi-po" units.

^ what he said ^

http://jeepin.com/features/waterpump

Back