• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

carquest XJ coils

89CAXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ive seen threads that mention the carquest XJ coils, has anybody put them in? do you like them? how have they held up? do they give you a 2.25-2.5 in lift?

Thanx

752965_7_full.jpg

752965_9_full.jpg

Carquest Coils gave me about 2 and 1/4 inches. For the rear i used pro comp leaf packs from summit with overload removed, which gave me about 3 and 1/4 inches.

Edit: Soft 8s with 4" of BS and 31 x 10.5 Kumho Mts

Billabong, how do those springs ride, both the coils and the leaves? Are these the leaves:

Explorer Pro Comp Lifted Leaf Springs EXP-53111

Also my carquest sucks, so do you know what the part number is?
How many miles have you put on them? Have they sagged much?

By the way the jeep looks great.

Katarn

katarn444 said:
Billabong, how do those springs ride, both the coils and the leaves? Are these the leaves:

Explorer Pro Comp Lifted Leaf Springs EXP-53111

Also my carquest sucks, so do you know what the part number is?
How many miles have you put on them? Have they sagged much?

By the way the jeep looks great.

Katarn

Thanks for the compliment, It isn't usually that shinny....

The part number for the coils was CC782, but others have reported CC784. Just make sure you ask for the HD springs. Mine rides great, even with crappy Rancho shocks.

That is the correct part number for the leaf springs. Even with the overload removed my rear was still about 2 inches higher than the front. After a month of riding around with about 150 lbs in the back they have settled quite nicely.

I've put about 2000 miles on the hole setup since Febuary and no probems so far execpt for some vibes. I instaled a t-case drop temporarly to fix the vibes. Soon to be replaced with a PORC SYE.

Back