• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what lift?

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to lifting trucks, and I just got a 95 xj, its all stock and I was wondering what a good lift would be, I don't want anything too crazy, just 3-4 inch range, that will clear 31's, Im not going to be doing any serious offroading, just mud and trails here and their, I wanted a cheap kit, that would help me get some good lift while still being a good daily driver. what do you suggest? I was looking at a budget lift kit from rocky-road.com, that sounded pretty nice,

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbudget.html

what do you guys think about this? if not that one, what would you suggest?

Man, its not usually my thing to tell people to search, but this one has been literally done to death. There are dozens of options and most people will come up with different answers to the same question. Its a matter of preference, wheeling ability, money, your skill, time and access to tools/garage, and intended purpose. I highly recommend just sitting back with the search button and spending a few hours reading. You will learn more than you need to know and will be able to answer your own questions with better answers than anyone here can provide you in a few posted responses. That said, with a minor lift, I recommend homebrewing.

My buddy wants me to "homebrew" my first lift, shackles and spacers, but I say SCREW that! I'm gonna go ahead and save the bones up for something somewhat worthwhile, RE 4.5" shorty. I need to spice up the rear Chryco 8.25 (locker, getting rid of C clips?), and of course, the normal drive line questions.

But until that time comes, I'm gonna save up for the flame suit, cause I'll have a plethora of questions. :)

James

yea, search please. This topic has been discussed many times. A 3.5 RE kit would work great for you. Reliability and affordability.

sorry guys, Ill try a search, but menezes, where is this 3.5 inch RE kit sold at, is their a website? Im kinda new here so take it easy.

There are actualy quite a few RE vendors on this board, or check out www.rubiconusa.com for their own store. The RE6030 is a great 3.5" kit that will clear 31s - search for that kit number here and have fun sorting through the hits!

Yea, the 6030 is an awesome kit. there are vendors here as yucca-man has stated or u could try there webiste. Try DPG.com and look at there hybrid kits.

vwkaferman said:
My buddy wants me to "homebrew" my first lift, shackles and spacers, but I say SCREW that! I'm gonna go ahead and save the bones up for something somewhat worthwhile, RE 4.5" shorty. I need to spice up the rear Chryco 8.25 (locker, getting rid of C clips?), and of course, the normal drive line questions.

But until that time comes, I'm gonna save up for the flame suit, cause I'll have a plethora of questions. :)

James
Looks like you need to do more research on the "chryco" 8.25 :D

Back