• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

revolver shackles?

Why buy new? They're for sale all the time, often with the phrase "low miles" or "only used a few times" attached...

Yucca-Man said:
Why buy new? They're for sale all the time, often with the phrase "low miles" or "only used a few times" attached...

what yuccaman is aluding to - is that the general consensus around here - revlover shackles = bad...

well... for EVERY revolver shackle " what do you think" theread, my .02 is always the same, i think they are junk! mine went in the trash!

xjnation said:
The consensus from those who never used em that is...... :laugh3:

Yup, I ran them for 3 years, hard trails in Moab and also DD for a couple of the years, never had ANY kind of problem. I would run them without worry!

Geepfreak said:
Yup, I ran them for 3 years, hard trails in Moab and also DD for a couple of the years, never had ANY kind of problem. I would run them without worry!

X2.... cracks me up around here.................. I heard from my second cousins, aunt louise's boyfriends, 4 year old that those things dont work....LOL.

i had them on for about five month's, they cracked the shackle (box) mount,from banging around, for a DD they made a hell of alot of noise, i'm getting more flex from a boomerang shackle then i was with the revolvers, i had to tighten them up at the hinge all the time.

Maybe i got a crap set, but i got rid of them as soon as i could.

mack said:
i had them on for about five month's, they cracked the shackle (box) mount,from banging around, for a DD they made a hell of alot of noise, i'm getting more flex from a boomerang shackle then i was with the revolvers, i had to tighten them up at the hinge all the time.

Maybe i got a crap set, but i got rid of them as soon as i could.

Mine where always no problem at all, for 4 years of running them. quiet and 100% predictable. Sounds like you had the wrong set on em not xj but ZUKE ones...they fit the spring right but narrow in the perch.....you just never had the right set on it

Ahh, I went looking for that jem of a thread on pirate, but I dont know where it went. The guy with a CJ named Vex who traveled the world. Who knows where it went, it needs to be shown to the world. :wave:

hmmm...no.......i had the right set, and what are "zuke" ones?
like i said, maybe i got a bad set, but after that, i would never buy them again.
xjnation said:
Mine where always no problem at all, for 4 years of running them. quiet and 100% predictable. Sounds like you had the wrong set on em not xj but ZUKE ones...they fit the spring right but narrow in the perch.....you just never had the right set on it

xjnation said:
The consensus from those who never used em that is...... :laugh3:
I've seen enough bad reports on them that I will not run them...I have other things to spend my money on...

Same thread, only the dates have changed...

...OVER

AND OVER

AND OVER

AND OVER

AND OVER

AND OVER

AND OVER

TIM

If I had paid real money for mine, I'd have felt ass-raped... Mine came for the cost of a raffle ticket, and they still weren't a good deal. The time spent installing (& removing) them was wasted. OTOH I did sell them for a quick $100 IIRC

:dunno: some folks swear by Thornbirds too :dunno:

It's all personal preference and opinions... same goes with lift kits, tires, or whatever ... you get the same answers on all threads I hate them, I love them... try them out and make your own opinion.. and whatever the outcome I'm sure you will say I should have listened to so and so..... good luck with your experience....

Back