• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C 4x4 Front Bumper Owners

yardape

NAXJA Member #272
I am having a body shop install a C4x4 front bumper on my Cherokee thru insurance believe it or not as it costs less then the OEM. I heard one of the autobody shop techs make a comment which he thought was out of my earshot. "I can't believe he's gonnna put all this weight on the front of that Jeep." Should I be ordering some coil spring spacers? Will there be a noicable drop in the front end height? TIA

I've got a C4x4 with a winch sitting in mine - yeah it's a lot of weight! I can't say how much your springs will sag initially and over time but, they will. . .

I used front coils from a V8 grand cherokee - they fit right in, and and I believe have a more appropriate rate.

I've got that bumper with a Warn 8000 in it. I installed spacers up front and haven't had any problems.

Talked to C4x4 and they said that their bumper was only 50 lbs more than stock. Then I got the Jeep back and can hardly tell the difference on Rusty's 3" coils. I'm relieved.

I've had mine on with a Rusty's 3in lift for over 4 years. I haven't noticed any sag, but I also don't have a winch. My biggest problem is the powdercoating is trashed after years in the "rust belt". You might want to consider coating it now with something while it's new, if you live where they use salt on the roads.

I DO live in the rust belt. good point about protecting my investment,.... even though I got it for free! :^ )

Free is Good! Spring for a can of herculiner or something then, cause I've not had much luck with the rattle-can coating. What happens is, a stone or something will nick the coating on the front, then it will rust underneath the powdercoating. You might not notice until you've got a circle about 3in wide and then the coating just starts flaking off. I've tried rust converter, and wire brushes followed by duplicolor spray, but it just comes back in a month or 2. When it gets warm enough, I'm gonna hit it with the grinder and roll on something for a good thick coating. Then at least I won't be able to see it if it keeps rusting under there.

Back