• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME vs Bilsteins What's the diff?

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
Which ones would be better? OME or Bs?
Currently i have superlifts in front, skyjackers in rear, with teraflex springs in front, and procomp aal + Teraflex shackles in rear that gives me 4". I want to change front to spacer plus teraflex 4" coils and OME, and rear Full OME leaf packs, with Teraflex shackels. Right now with aal my leafs look "FLAT" there is no arch in them.... also i hate superlifts shocks going "poof" everytime my XJ goes over a bump or something..... yeahh... i know its cool for a while, but it gets annoying... any pros-cons of what i want to do?

I don't have any experiance with the Bilsteins, but after having my OME's for a couple of months now....i'm pretty conveinced that's all i'll own from now on, it'd be hard to beat there ride.

i doubt you'll find anyone that has run both. I have Bilstein 5125s and love them. from all the research I've done, I would say that both are excellent, but OMEs are a little are on the softer side for a nice Caddy ride on the street, the Bilsteins are firmer for more offroad control but not quite as nice on the street.

both are great, i doubt you would be disappointed with either.

What is the cheapest place for OMEs? Both shocks and leafs?

i couldnt find him on the user list... is that MSN?

Okie Terry said:
IM Bgcntry72....
He swears by OME and I believe he has an inside track.
He just switched to Bilsteins.

5150's on mine.
I have yet to finish my lift. I lifted the rear today. I got 12" travel which are WAY to long. See pics. I have about 5 inches of uptravel before the shocks bottom out. Oops. BUT, I found a use for the rear sway bar bushings, Shock bump stops.
shocks.jpg

driversinstalled.jpg

JeepFreak21 said:
I could be wrong, I just know that the ones that came w/ my 4.5" RE kit maxed out when I went to 5.5" and I couldn't find ones long enought to upgrade. Worth lookin' into though.
Billy

up front i'm running the OME long travel nitros for a YJ, as they're longer than the XJ version.
thanks to dirk at DPG offroad for that tip (and good prices too). ;)

terry

as soon as I can crap more money I am going with the bilstiens. Everyone I have talked to loves em. anyone have a line on good pricing?

if you can somehow fit the 14" travel bilsteins, Mad4wd has a GREAT deal on them in the vendors section of the Pirate board. they are painted yellow instead of the normal nickel coating and they can't actually sell them under the Bilstein name, but they ARE bilstein 5125 shocks with 14" travel, for $50 each. I got me a pair for the rear :D

BrettM said:
if you can somehow fit the 14" travel bilsteins, Mad4wd has a GREAT deal on them in the vendors section of the Pirate board. they are painted yellow instead of the normal nickel coating and they can't actually sell them under the Bilstein name, but they ARE bilstein 5125 shocks with 14" travel, for $50 each. I got me a pair for the rear :D

sounds good i could give a crap if they are yellow or nickle.......

91 Jeep Project said:
I thought Scott was selling his rig?
Possibly, if the price is right.
He did just put the Bilsteins on.

Back