• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is D30 carrier bearing part number

Spicer# 706016X
Timkin# LM501349 (bearing) LM501314 (race)

Regearing?....fun fun fun
Brett

bretto said:
Spicer# 706016X
Timkin# LM501349 (bearing) LM501314 (race)

Regearing?....fun fun fun
Brett
Thanks
Actually not regearing but dealing with a bearing that went BAD. I was swapping out axle seals and after I popped the carrier I looked at the bearings and the races and one didn't look too good: The race was pitted, the rollers in the bearing had what felt like slop and were all loose.
Anyways, got it all back in along with my inner and outer axle seals and my Warn/superior combo alloy shafts.

Remi

Remi

any pics along the way of the install? Im getting a terrible noise in my front diff, and I suspect its some bearing problem. I just have no clue what.

dakotus said:
Remi

any pics along the way of the install? Im getting a terrible noise in my front diff, and I suspect its some bearing problem. I just have no clue what.
First you have to remove it:
1. You can either notch the bearing with a dremel (cutoff wheel attachement) and then hit it in a strategic spot with a chisel or you can get a harbor freight bearing puller and use two long bolts in those holes to pull it off. When you're doing that, be careful not to damge (crush or bend them) the shims.

2. To install it you either need a good mallet or a press. I think that the press is a better way to go.

To remove the carrier you have to strategically place two prybars and pry them out by ring gear bolt heads (search for threads about removing the carrier as there are plenty differnt writeups about this on the forum).

Now getting back to the beginning, make sure it's the bearings: pull the cover, drain the oil and look for metal particles or silver coloration of the fluid. Also if you got noise it might be the pinion bearing not the carrier bearing.

Back