• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 XJ Speakers

MN-Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '96 XJ SE model. Being the basic deal it did not come with rear speakers in the hatch. Can I assume that the wiring will be there even though the speakers were not?

And if the wiring is there, will it be connected at the other end too? OR will I have to track that down and connect it.

Brian

lots of people seem to have the wiring in the rear hatch and other don't for some reason even without the rear speakers being something that was to be installed on their XJ. my 96 sport had the front speakers and the sound bar and no rear hatch speakers. I poped open the rear kick panel and took a look - the holes/mounts for the speakers are all there in mine but there aren't any wires.

i hope this somehow helps you out. i would just use a flat tool or a really long flathead screwdriver thats pretty skinny to pop open the back hatch and take a look for yourself. theres also 2 screws holding the kick panel in and 2 more holding the light in there.

I've got the overhead soundbar as well and no wiring in the hatch.

I changed my speakers today actually, and i didn't see any wiring in the hatch. I have a 96 with the soundbar too. My idea is in the future run the stock wires to the hatch put the stock 5.25 there and cut the soundbar to fit 6x9's. This is after i get amp, and sub, I'm bit I'm bit!!

Back