• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offset and 31's? Looks/Performance

ChairOKey

NAXJA Forum User
Im interested in what kind of Offset i'll need for my rockcrawlers when i get them eventually.

I've seen Cherokee's with stock wheels and 31's and they just look wimpy, but on the right wheels, suddenly the offset makes the rig look totally diffrent.

For instance, the steel wheels that Rusty sells, I would assume the max offset is 4.5? Does anyone have pics of a Jeep with such wheels and a 3.5' lift?

Everyone always posts what kinda wheels they have, but never the offset...and offset or backspacing of wheels can play a rather large part in how good a Jeep looks.

4" or 3.75 but plan on doing some trimming if you take of your sway bars

I had a R.E. 3.5" with 3.75" BS'd AR's. I loved the way it looked................... :bunny:

JeepForSale5.jpg

91 Jeep Project said:
I had a R.E. 3.5" with 3.75" BS'd AR's. I loved the way it looked................... :bunny:

JeepForSale5.jpg
x2. i have those same <polished aluminum>rims. yeah, they do look good, and they're stronger than stock wheels- i scrubbed up/bent the rim part stock, and it always had a slow leak after that. did it a couple of times wheeling with the AR wheels, never had a problem. oh yeah, you can get polishing kits for those type wheels too, and buff the scratches right out.

Back