• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running H1 wheels?

XJHOX

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running H1 beadlock wheels on fullwidth axles? I need a favor. Trying to get a measurement from the outer edges of the tires. I'm trying to figure out if I can run fullwidth 60s and a H1 wheel (8.5" wheel w/ 7.5" backspacing) with a 6" wide TJ flares and still keep it kinda legal here in PA. Thanks

XJHOX said:
Anyone running H1 beadlock wheels on fullwidth axles? I need a favor. Trying to get a measurement from the outer edges of the tires. I'm trying to figure out if I can run fullwidth 60s and a H1 wheel (8.5" wheel w/ 7.5" backspacing) with a 6" wide TJ flares and still keep it kinda legal here in PA. Thanks
PM OneTonXJ.
He runs them....

I am running a ford HP60 with 1.25" wheel spacers, 39.5x15s on H1 rims. If I remember right I am a shade under 81" or 82" out side to out side. I stick out quite a bit past my TJ flares but I am running stock TJ's not the extended.

stock axle 60" WMS width 8"x 3.75"BS wheels would be 68.5" to outside of wheels

68" axle with 8.5x7.5"BS wheels would be 70" ouitside of wheel width. If your axle is wider then add the extra.

Hope that helps and the tire will add extra width to that number.

To run standard Kingpin mounted steering arms wheel spacers are needed, but there are offset ones avail designed to clear H1 wheels.

yeah I am running 1.25" wheel spacers on both sides to clear the steering. I just rechecked the width and I am sitting right at 82" with 15psi or so in the tires.

Something seems wrong here. The HMMWV/Hummer wheel is 7" offset, approx 9"(+-.5) width and designed for a 16.5" tire. Stock tire sizes are 12.5x16.5x37 or the older 12.5x16.5x36. The newer wheels are for 17" tires but these are alloy wheels.

Sure would like to know how to fit a 15" tire on this wheel, especially with the beadlock in place.

S

T&A-XJ, Thanks. Do you know who makes the steer arms? If you can get some info it would be great. Thanks again for the good info.

Shogun said:
Something seems wrong here. The HMMWV/Hummer wheel is 7" offset, approx 9"(+-.5) width and designed for a 16.5" tire. Stock tire sizes are 12.5x16.5x37 or the older 12.5x16.5x36. The newer wheels are for 17" tires but these are alloy wheels.

Sure would like to know how to fit a 15" tire on this wheel, especially with the beadlock in place.

S

15" WIDTH....

I am working to run unmodified H1 wheels with Rockstompers d44 offset highsteer arms. The problem I am having is that even with the offset arms the tie rod makes contact with the coils. Has anyone had this problem or know a fix. Obviously I could run wheel spacers, but besides that what are my options?

Back