• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Tire Question

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Has anyone had any experience running Sidewinder AT tires?

From what I can determine, they are made by General/Continental and have a tread pattern sort of like a BFG AT/KO. I need some tires and don't have a lot to spend. These fit the price range but I don't want to buy them if they're not at least half decent.

IMO half decent is about right. I wasn't completely disappointed by them, I ran them (33's) on my Ranger for a couple years. They were softer than BFG AT so they wore down faster on the pavement and when the tread was less than half gone started getting occasional punctures from the sharp serpentine rocks we have on trails around here. They held the trail well under all conditions and tended to track pavement cracks a bit more than the BFGs. That's my experience, hth.

i had them in the 235 flavor last summer on my s10 blazer.. i thought they were a middle-of-the-road tire, i did lots of rocks with them and i never had any problems. and i thought they were pretty decent in the rain... a friend of mine swears they are the best tires he ever bought... i think they are available at BJ's wholesale club... for low-buck you could do alot worse...
miike

Back