• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIY Speedo recalibration..

GudaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Currently im running 32" tires with 3.07 gears.. I'm not gonna be re gearing for a while and in order for my speedometer to read correctly i need a 27 tooth gear. I can't find a 27 tooth gear anywhere. I saw a speedometer calibrater(sp) for like 80 bucks and its made by superlift. I konw jet makes one for like 150 also. If all those do is alter the voltage going into the speedometer. could I make my own with parts from radio shack? Get like a variable resistor and just put it inline with the speed wire? Has anyone tried this? Or if someone knows where i can get 27 tooth gear that would be nice also..

...or you could regear and be much happier with the results... :lecture:

witt said:
try ur local stealership
He's already been advised in another thread of the part numbers, etc so apparently they either aren't available or he did not avail himself of this info. C'est la vie...

witt said:
try ur local stealership

I tried that, and it depends on the year of your Jeep. Mine's a '93 and the stealership did not have a computer that would talk to a computer as old as mine.

Curt

purl said:
I tried that, and it depends on the year of your Jeep. Mine's a '93 and the stealership did not have a computer that would talk to a computer as old as mine.
Since when do you even have to have the Jeep there to order the part? GoJeep's site has the parts you ned although there apparently have been some changes to the part numbers recently..but try there first.

Back