• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power windows, locks, and seat

xjndmud

NAXJA Forum User
i know its not the fuses cause i checked them but my power windows only work from the driver's side, the power locks dont work at all,power mirrors dont work at all, and my driverside power seat only goes forward, the passenger power seat works, can i switch motors? this is why i hate power Accesories! any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.NAXJA

sounds like my 87 limted my windows dont work at all, but i havent ironed that out yet either... i switched the seat control switch from one side to the other.. the forward and backward psoitions will be reversed but i live with it.. i saw some butchery around my fusible links last night i think it may have something to do with it.. good luck
mike

Hey Zig I think that 91 at the U-pull it had power seats and stuff. Well I know it had power windows b/c I got the regulators! LOL! Anywho, if its the switch we could test that with your drivers side one. it seems to me like some one had this problem too b4 and it was the switch. I'll think about it and get back to you Sunday! Ahhh its been kinda nice here in sunny Florida. Just wish I had the Ghost!

i saw 2 problems on a 95 today and i think the wiring is similiar. look at the drivers door harness for broken wires between the jamb and the kick panel inside on the drivers side. also check under the carpet in the drivers foot wel area for damaged or broken wires. there is a harness where you right foot would rest and the wiring in that area gets corodded from moisture and breaks. i have also seen one time where it looked like it was about to set the carpet on fire.

I have, sort of the same problem on my cherokee with the windows. I dont understand it but my windows only work from the driver controls as well. What causes this, and can I fix it?

Back