• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble starting must floor it?

Bradley

NAXJA Forum User
I was just looking through the search and found some things that may help but not exactly. So here goes i have a 92XJ that I inhearated from my dad and it was running good and normaly does. Lately If the jeep wont start right off then i hvae to keep it cranking and give it a lot of gas this usually allows it to start but then it seems to be loaded up on gas which makes sense. It then runns pretty good after about five min. I did notice today that after this all happens when I hit the gas to take off it will almost die for a sec then be ok and will run fine. Any ideas? I did use a can of injector cleanor a week ago after this problem started but it did nothing. My ideas are dirty IAC or bad O2 sensor. What do you all think? Thank you Bradley

A couple of weeks ago, I´d have to coax the wifes 96, to life. It acted just about how you described yours. I cleaned the IAC, has been doing well for a coupel of weeks so far.

I think that is my first step today as there are a lot of other things I need to get done on my jeeps. Thanks for the reply.

Might be a long-shot, but check your wiring/connections at the battery and alt. My father-in-law's XJ had similar symptoms and I found a near-dead alternator and corroded battery clamps. Made just enough connection to run pretty rough, but he had to give it a lot of gas to start and run sometimes.

Back