• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" B.B. ontop of lift

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
Wanna go higher and its killing me and i can get a 3" b.b. with spacers and an AAL for $80 bucks!. I already have 4.5" of lift and have most components to handle more. I would only need to swap out the shocks really but my question is has anyone run 3 inches of a poly spacer and have a second AAL ??

Opinions?

If the AAL is acrhed to give you 3 inches, and your leaf pack is arched already higher than that...HOW could you get anything out of it ?

Try it, what have you got to lose? It's easy enough to change out since you can probably lift up your jeep with one hand.

red91inWA said:
If the AAL is acrhed to give you 3 inches, and your leaf pack is arched already higher than that...HOW could you get anything out of it ?

My leaf pack is still quite flat so more arc can definately be obtained. I just dont have the $$ for a new pack!

two aal are gonna ride horribly. i would either wait and buy new packs, or build a custom pack

Seriously though, if you go with a huge shackle or lower the rear mounting point you will need to extend your bumpstops accordingly to avoid over compressing your springs which will just make them sag further. By being cheap you are creating more work and expense in the long run. Wait until you can afford to go big the right way.

Back