• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm drop brackets

Easyrydin2

NAXJA Forum User
This could possibly be a real dumb question, but it won't be my first. I have fixed lower control arms and I just got some 8 inch coils. Since I am on a real tight budget I was wondering if I could use shackles to drop my control arms and the weld some braces on them to make them stronger. I don't not do much off-roading right now.

negative

You can fab your own drop brackets, that's what I done. If you don't have some metal skills it would be better to pick up a used set. I think 8 inches of lift would be more in line for long arms. If you can't afford to lift that much and do it right I would choose a lower lift, you'll be happier with the Jeep.

Easyrydin2 said:
This could possibly be a real dumb question, but it won't be my first. I have fixed lower control arms and I just got some 8 inch coils. Since I am on a real tight budget I was wondering if I could use shackles to drop my control arms and the weld some braces on them to make them stronger. I don't not do much off-roading right now.

i wanna say dont do it but im curious as to the results :fuse:

there are some for sale in the for sale forum

Back