• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D60 - Most common bolt pattern?

xj4fun

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,
Quick question;. I’m in the final phase for defining the parameters for a rear D60 FF.

My question relates to bolt pattern. Originally I figured I’d go with whatever I could find, but now rethinking that decision.

What would be the best (I.E. most common) bolt pattern that would offer the widest selection of wheel options for FF axles?

It looks like the bolt patterns 5x5.5, 6x5.5 and 8x6.5 are the most common? If this is correct, does one stand out among them? I’m wondering if 8x6.5 would offer the most options simply because that’s what H2’s use?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Kent :laugh3:

what do H2's have to do with s***? F*** those hunks of junk and good luck finding a FF 60 with anything less than 8 lugs. the only difference will be the new 60's have 8xsome metric number. 8 lugs better anyway if you ever plan to swap a 60 front in or use 3/4 ton 44 junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
bling.gif

I'm not sure if you're asking about STOCK axles or something you're going to perform to a full float axle to make it 5 or 6 lug. I don't know if a full float rear D60 exists from the factory that is 5 or 6 lug, as far as I know they're all 8 lug.

Honestly, I wouldn't even spend the (large amount) of money you'd probably have to spend to convert the FF D60 to something other than 8 lug, just make sure you get whatever front axle you decide on in 8 lug. If it's a D44, and it's not already 8 lug, it can be converted... if it's a D60, it will already be 8 lug.

A little more info on your setup/plans would help I guess.

Roll-over said:
HEY! Stop judging! Maybe he LIKES 24" spinners.:laugh3:

Nope no spinners, chrome, etc, just looking for the bolt pattern that will provide the most wheel options (material, backspacing, etc).

I'm guessing 8 lug is the way to go, either getting that on a bone yard axle or building one.

Just want to make sure I set this up as accurately as I can the first time.

Thanks,
Kent :laugh3:

NotMatt said:
I'm not sure if you're asking about STOCK axles or something you're going to perform to a full float axle to make it 5 or 6 lug. I don't know if a full float rear D60 exists from the factory that is 5 or 6 lug, as far as I know they're all 8 lug.

Honestly, I wouldn't even spend the (large amount) of money you'd probably have to spend to convert the FF D60 to something other than 8 lug, just make sure you get whatever front axle you decide on in 8 lug. If it's a D44, and it's not already 8 lug, it can be converted... if it's a D60, it will already be 8 lug.

A little more info on your setup/plans would help I guess.

I'll be either modifying a bone yard axle or building from stratch. I thought all 60's I'd find in the bone yard would be 8. However, while researching 60's on the web I was surprised to see several makes listed as 6?

Thanks
Kent :)

xj4fun said:
I'll be either modifying a bone yard axle or building from stratch. I thought all 60's I'd find in the bone yard would be 8. However, while researching 60's on the web I was surprised to see several makes listed as 6?

Thanks

semi-floaters

Full-float D60s and 14bolts only come 8-lug. You can do some bling conversions, but why bother unless you already have some real nice wheels you want to keep, even then it would probably not be worth it.

8 lug, 17" wheels (like H2s) would be the last wheels you'd ever need as there are countless tire options from 33s all the way to 49s.

The H2 wheels almost remind me of a stock-looking XJ wheel (except 8 lug). If I ever upgrade to 8 lug axles that's what I'll probably end up with. ;)

BTW... like small pederson said, if you found anything other than 8 lug in a yard, it would be a semi-float. All full floats are 8 lug, some semi-floats are 8 lug, and everything else is semi-float.

mini_DSC00147_001.sized.jpg

Mounted up to my 37" IROKs

Cant complain about a 17" wheel I got a set of 4 for $135 from ebayland. OMF will be beadlocking mine shortly.

Thanks guys. I'll stick solely with 8 lug..

Back