• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

link for front ds used in the rear

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
Ive read about this a couple of times
not sure what the full story is on htis I just acquired a sye with a fixed yoke
on a 231 Im runnin 4.5" lift witha cryco8.25
anybody has a witeup or pics of their setup?
links to a good thread??
Yes I did a search and couldnt find anything substantial

Should bolt right up to the 8.25... It use's the same 1310 U joint yoke as the front D.S. - Swap the new spicer part in that bolts up to the SYE, replace the ujoints if you want, and bolt it up... Simple as that... I love mine... and I didn't spend an arm and a leg....

Will.

hd_conv_sm.jpg
the sye I picked up is a yoke type
like the pic
but of course I dont have the ds
assuming that the fixed yoke uses a 1310
I should be able to bolt it right up correct??

yeah call tom or you can probly pick up a couple of front xj driveshaft from a for a Cnote and have a spare for both the front or rear if you pop an ear on the trail, i got 1 for free and another for $50..

dont think tom will build a ds for $50 tho.. ;)

I'm at 3" with the PORC HD sye, running a stock front xj shaft.

It's almost too short. I only have about 3/4" extension left in the slip splines.

However it's cheaper to have a stock front shaft lengthened by a reputable driveline shop than it is to have a new one built.

HTH

How funny......

I just did this YESTERDAY!

It would have been done night before last, but ORU sold me the wrong SYE ( piece of shite, don't buy TeraFlex). Well a trip to 4 Wheelers Offroad Supply in the AM netted me an AA SYE (much better!), it dropped in like it was stock. Then I bolted in my stock front shaft to the 8.25 I swapped in over the weekend and it fits better than OJ's glove!

GAWD....its great to vibe free......without having to buy a new shaft!

Spicer 211229x flange adapter
+
RE Hack and Tap (take your time drilling and tapping)
+
XJ Front DS....make sure you get the right length (don't ask me how I know)

Back