• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window switch panel

mknack

NAXJA Forum User
I' trying to find a place where I could get a good price (I.E. Not a dealership) on the power window switch panel. I have a 2000 XJ and the switch panel on the drivers side that controls everything had one of the buttons short out. The button that shorted was the window lock button that now doesnt allow anyone to roll their own windows down. I think the dealer told me that they wanted $250 for the switch panel. Does anyone k now anywhere that would be cheaper, maybe a junk yard in the LA area? Any help would be great. This is obviously not a necessary part as I could roll down everyones window for them, but I would like to get it fixed and not break the bank doing it.

I've had problems with my driver's door power door lock and was able to pick one up pretty cheap on Ebay. With my '98 approaching higher mileage, I've begun to pick up other power related items like the window/door switch you have problems with on Ebay as well, and have been "stashing" them aside, figuring I'm gonna keep my XJ for quite a while. I've also been able to pick up the remaining door locks.....

Keep your eye out on Ebay or hit the wrecking yards for these items. The dealer cost is sky high, as you've noticed...

Ivan

Back