• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex and lift upgrade question, please tell me what you think!!

Missiletech

NAXJA Forum User
I have a rough country 6.5" lift with 33" Swaper TRXUS M/Ts and I've been wanting to up the ride height another 1-2". I was curious what you guys think, I'd like some more height bit just a bit, hopefully just enough to notice and maintain the original height of the lift once the suspension starts to get worn down the road. I have no probs as of yet and we have the Advance Adapters SYE and a CV shaft, along with the silly t-case lowering that I never took out from the original install. So, my main questions: Would you raise it anymore than the 6.5"? How would you do it? Would you see any problems with it, such as a addaleaf/coil spacer combo or something similar?

Thanks for the info!!
-SteVe

(Pics for your viewing pleasure,LoL)

Picture057.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture055a.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Last edited:
above 6" why?

Sawzall.jpgF9EEFBBD-33FA-4733-A7B77F56FA0D1ABE.jpgLarge.jpg

I agree with Ranger,plus above 6" you need either DB's or LA's.
Plus an OTK steering and trackbar relocation.

Last edited:
Well, heres the other thing... I've been told that the "lack" of flares and damn mud flaps are means to get a hefty fix it ticket here in Wa, what would you do for that? I refuse to buy some crappy aftermarket flares, if anything I'll put some TJ flares on it... but I'm just curious what you guys think. And any suggestions for getting the rear wells more room to flex? I know you can get a "lil" bit from cut and bend techniques, but I'm not seeing that being enough.

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

Heres a wheel from my friend's gmc jimmy that met the hard side of a big root... undercover in a puddle at 35mph!! LoL

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

And then the spare tire the also gave way and "kissed" the rear window, good times!!
IMG_1915.jpg

-SteVe

Missiletech said:
Well, heres the other thing... I've been told that the "lack" of flares and damn mud flaps are means to get a hefty fix it ticket here in Wa, what would you do for that? I refuse to buy some crappy aftermarket flares, if anything I'll put some TJ flares on it... but I'm just curious what you guys think. And any suggestions for getting the rear wells more room to flex? I know you can get a "lil" bit from cut and bend techniques, but I'm not seeing that being enough. [
-SteVe
6" will be more than enough to clear 33s with minimal trimming. You can reuse your factory flares without a problem.
Just drill new flare mount holes about 1.5-2" higher than the stock holes and trim away. Do the same in the rear, however, keep in mind the door is the limiting factor there. Just remount the flares as high as the door will permit.
You'll have to do a little custom work on the flares (Heat up the bottom and straighten out the bend. Trim to fit the side body molding) but it's not difficult.

what was you your friend thinking going thru a puddle at 35 mph.as cool as it might look or seem to do .it's about as stupid as you can get while wheeling.going fast thru water only causes things to break or leads to the loss of control of your vehicle.

Before you start doing too many changes? Why don't you come out with some NW NAXJA folks on a run? Michael created removable Mud flaps. Rocky Road Outfitters also sells some removable Mud flaps.

Jason

Well, on one reply... the guy with the jimmy is trying to destroy it... he has like 3 brand new cars in new jersey.

And as far as getting together, I would love to if its not too far. I'm in the military and don't have the time or $$ to get to far from kitsap county. I can do reiter and tahuya alright, maybe some that are within that range. Lemme know, thanks.

-SteVe

Back