• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibe in 4-hi after drop kit...

theschwarz1

NAXJA Forum User
I am always a little hesitant to start a new thread as I am sure somewhere deep in all the posts here on NAXJA is the answer. I looked for quite a while but couldn't find the exact problem that I am having. SO please forgive me if this has been answered already.

I have a 92 auto with a 3" Rusty's full length AAL lift. After installing I had a slight vibe from the rear DS/T-case. I then installed Rusty's 1" t-case drop. Solved!
Well I just had it in 4-hi yesterday for the first time since the lift was installed and I am noticing a vibe that wasn't there before. Now, I must say that I still have had death wobble and am getting an alignmnet and stabilzer next week. Neverthe less I have had it shake pretty bad a couple times and don't know if maybe that could have caused the problem, or maybe added to it.
I also have the "angry sparrow" problem in the front. I am getting it lubed to see what that will do.
My question is about the vibe that is now in the front after the t-case drop install. Thanks!

well in reading more, I may check out the centering kit. I think I'll just buy one any way and new u-joints since the previous owners didn't do ANY maintenance on this thing.....i changed the fuel filter when I bought it, i think it was the original!

okay here is an update
I yanked the front DS and replaced the front u-joint, I have since put it back in now that snow is coming.....still a vibe. Even in two wheel drive. It seems that the front DS is out of balance?? When I hit about 45 MPH I can feel it in the steering wheel. When the front DS was out, there was no vibe.
When I put it in 4 HI there is a noticeable knocking sound.
ANy input? I was wondering if it needs grease, would not having the shaft full of grease cause it to become out of balance when it hits a certain speed?
Oh I still have the angry sparrow problem too (only when the front DS is installed).

theschwarz1 said:
Maybe my front axle is not centered since my 3" lift...I didnt think an adjustable track bar would be necessary with a 3" lift.......

Go out and purchase an angle finder and start playing around.

Check front pinion angle. Check driveshaft alignment. Take a measurement off of the axle and the center of the frame. Is it the same on both sides?

Pull the front driveshaft and take it for a spin. Did the vibe stop? If so, why? Were the other two items checked and come out okay?

Personally, I think it is your front pinion angle but that is just a guess since I've not put eyes on your rig.

Back