• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what else for a teraflex4" longarm kit?

crash02

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1989XJ and i just purchased teraflexs 4" longarm kit, i was woundering what else i need? (limit straps,brake lines, t-case drop,etc...)
i bought a basic kit from offroadwarehouse.com for 604.99
i also got bilsteins 5100,and RE track bar. i was told that i did not need limit straps (but i don't believe it),and could go without extended brake lines. i will be doing some crawling along with jeepspeed (style).
all ideas welcome and considered. thank you
crash02

possibly a t-case drop or a SYE, every XJ is different and i would go with the longer brake lines, get yourself some 95 or 97 TJ lines, they are longer and cost $20 each at autozone, as compares to $30+ for aftermarket lines.

and thats all i have to say about that.

I would agree on getting new brake hoses as well. Been a while since I had my stock brake hoses, but I am quite sure that if you use stock hoses with the LA kit that they may become your limiting straps.

I have the Tera LA but not their 4" LA kit. I don't have any limiting straps at this point, but may pursue them later. Not sure what is stopping my frontend's downward movement, shocks, trackbar, arm bind...

i went and picked up the 97 tj brake hoses, but i am going to wait till i install my longarm kit. i placed the tj hose next to my already mounted stock hose and it dosn't seem much longer? but if it still isn't enough then i was told to either unmount my brake line from the frame or just relocate it lower, eitherway thank you for the advice i saved easily over 30 dollars.
i will also be putting limit straps on to help out. im just not sure of how long i need yet.well thank you and more advice is always welcomed and considered.
crash02

i hope i wasnt wrong but they could have been the yj lines i will have to check my sources, but if i was wrong you can take them back and get the others so keep the receipt.

YJ=95, TJ=97.
I've always read that YJ lines should be used. I'd just get aftermarket stainless steel braided lines.

Fred

crash02 said:
i went and picked up the 97 tj brake hoses, but i am going to wait till i install my longarm kit. i placed the tj hose next to my already mounted stock hose and it dosn't seem much longer? but if it still isn't enough then i was told to either unmount my brake line from the frame or just relocate it lower, eitherway thank you for the advice i saved easily over 30 dollars.
i will also be putting limit straps on to help out. im just not sure of how long i need yet.well thank you and more advice is always welcomed and considered.
crash02

The correct lines to order if you want longer front brake lines are from a 95 YJ. I bought these for my Jeep, they are several inches longer than stock XJ lines. Edit: you can also remount the hardline a few inches further down on the unibody, just unscrew, redrill and screw the mount in the new hole.

Back