• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel spacers

I have them with rubicon 5" BS wheels and they work great. I wouldnt even consider them for use with a more standard 3.75" BS wheel as there is too much side load on the hub bearings. I met someone this last weekend that had the same spacers with canyon wheels and had a few problems with them. After he removed the spacers and went with the same overall BS had no more issues. I didnt really understand exactly the problem but it was something to do with them not centering perfectly and breaking lug studs on the freeway.

alright cool, thanks for those tips. a buddy of mine said widening the tires out might put too much pressure on the axle and damage something. i wanted some other opinions bc i really want them and i think there fine to put on or else they wouldn't make them. keep the replies comin so i can get some more ideas.

BLUECHEROKEE744 said:
alright cool, thanks for those tips. a buddy of mine said widening the tires out might put too much pressure on the axle and damage something. i wanted some other opinions bc i really want them and i think there fine to put on or else they wouldn't make them. keep the replies comin so i can get some more ideas.

What wheels are you running? If you're running stock wheels, most are backspaced at about 5.25" I believe, so the 1.25" spacers would put you at about 4", which IMO would be perfect. If you're running some wheels with less backspacing already, I wouldn't do it.

NotMatt said:
What wheels are you running? If you're running stock wheels, most are backspaced at about 5.25" I believe, so the 1.25" spacers would put you at about 4", which IMO would be perfect.
Yup, stockies are 5.25" BS. I've got my 32s on 15x7 rims with 4" BS and they're a great combo...should still fit nicely when I go to 33x10.50s as well.

Back