• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newer Tstat housing on an 89XJ

89CAXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ive searched the forums and cant find an answer. I picked up a newer Tstat housing from a 96 XJ with the temp sensor and want to install it on my 89XJ. Id like to be able to make this work with my aux fan. Is this doable? I have replaced my old rad with the newer stlye and dont have the temp fitting in it.

Thanx,

Mike
89XJ

It should work - you'll just have to find a fan switch threaded 3/8" NPT. I think quite a few GM units are like that, and you can usually find one close to the range you with with a little digging. I think Camaro units are about right - but bounce the idea off of your local parts guru and see what he tells you.

I know that thermistors in 3/8" NPT are no problem, but those are variable resistances rather than switches (unless some EE here wants to give us a tunable threshhold circuit that would allow you to adjust the temperature at which the fan comes on? Just a passing thought, and probably impractical anyhow...)

5-90

Back