• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring question

Ludakris

NAXJA Forum User
this is kind of a crappy Mod question, so i am sure to get flamed in the Den.. but I am going to add a couple of Tractor lights to my rear hatch (both sides of license plate), and was thinking of an easy way to wire them. My thought was to use the pigtail for the rear wiper (which i no longer have connected)... will this work? enought juice for the lights? or should I wire up a relay and switch?
thanks.

If you're going to use the factory switch for the wiper to work the lights, my guess is there's already a factory relay in line somewhere anyway. I would say go for it. My .02

MIke

I agree, there will be a relay on the wiper motor. The motor would pull much more current than the lights so you should be more than fine!
PS. I install 12 volt electronics for a living

I wired up a small (& cheap) floodlight tailgator-reverse light using the wiper relay (and the existing wiper shaft hole) and the OEM r wiper switch. It worked out great.

Back