• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibes from HE double hockey sticks

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well on my way home down the turnpike when I get up to about 65mph it starts a violent shake not death wobble but enough my wife could see it shaking following me. It was fine below there. My question is could short arms with 6" of lift cause this? I am in the process of making longarms now but wanted to see if this could be the culprit.
DIG IT!

Yup, while the shortarms at that height have got to ride like crap, the vibes are most likely coming from the alignment and the angle of the arms is only making it easier for the axle to push back and under the frontend...

yes I have an sye with a cv shaft rear. But I did some tearing apart of my rear axle and found The inside of the rear tire has about three quarts of gear oil seams like the axle shaft seals no longer seal. Im talking the whole inside of the tire is black with about 1/8" of sludge on it. One has to assume that it is causing some vibes, what are your thoughts?

BUCKYXJ said:
Im talking the whole inside of the tire is black with about 1/8" of sludge on it. One has to assume that it is causing some vibes, what are your thoughts?
Yeah, that could be a wee bit of a problem. I'm sure the folks on the road behind you just love that oily mist you're spraying them with, too. :D

Yup, that can do it... I can't even count how many times I've cleaned mud/dirt out of wheels for customers - and 'magically' the vibrations were gone... Gotta love it...

Will.

Back