• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bleeding external slave

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
i've read a few posts about bleading the internal slave and my chiltons has a pic of that but i can't find a bleeder on my external slave ax-15 it's a 96. the only thing i can find is on the top of the slave is an allen screw. i have read on here that you can't bleed the system on the external slave models. i don't beleive you cant bleed the system after all how do ya get the air out.
thanx Brandon

bj-666 said:
i've read a few posts about bleading the internal slave and my chiltons has a pic of that but i can't find a bleeder on my external slave ax-15 it's a 96. the only thing i can find is on the top of the slave is an allen screw. i have read on here that you can't bleed the system on the external slave models. i don't beleive you cant bleed the system after all how do ya get the air out.
thanx Brandon

Sounds like you have the single unit slave/line/master assembly. Is the line from the master to slave plastic? You can't bleed that system. It come prebleed from the factory. The Idea is if something in the system is leaking, it's time to replace it all as one unit. It also makes sure that it's right the first time.

yup the line is plastic. so i guess you could never change the fluid in it either. bummer. any ways to get around this by like installing a new slave and running a new line or what.

You could try aftermarket, but I would stick to OEM. Worth the extra $.

Back