• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diff bolts

mgt said:
Any one have tourqe spec's on the d30 cover bolts ?

till they are tight...your not doing a clutch or flywheel where.

just put a box end on there, crank till you cant any more call it good. Tighten in a cross pattern as well. No need to over think the simple stuff.

BTW, this should be in OEM tech anyway.....

900 ft/lbs

small pederson said:
900 ft/lbs

damn no wonder mine always leaked, my snap-on torque wrench only went up to 850 ft/lbs =( I thought that would be plenty....boy was I wrong. And I always thought it was all those runs where i beat it against boulders and made it look like I put it back together using soda cans.

Looks like I wated my money on that D44 front axle....

I could only tighten them to 825 ft/lbs so i guess i'll have to go somewhere to get them that tight.

mgt said:
I could only tighten them to 825 ft/lbs so i guess i'll have to go somewhere to get them that tight.

I heard NASA is going to be using the newest generation of Nitrogen powered impact wrenches that is capable of over 1200 ft/lbs of force, you may want to talk to them! :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

mgt said:
what happens if i brake a bolt ?
It'll stop turning.

Hint: "Brake" = stop
"Break" = fracture

The real number is 30 ft/lbs.
But the tighten and check for leaks and tighten again method works just fine.

I could not tourqe the allen head bolts so i just tighten them by hand.
They are allen heads because i put on the ps diff guard.
342514224FsfGCq_ph.jpg

Last edited:
Back