• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrecked XJ value?

azdesertrhino

NAXJA Forum User
I've had a couple of folks ask about buying the XJ outright, since it was wrecked by some low life thief.
mad.gif
I'm just trying to get an idea if I should part it out (probably get more $$$$$ but time etc is a consideration) or sell it out right.
I'd appreciate some honest input on the possible value.
The drivetrain is stock 94 4.0 4X4 auto. A/c and all is intact (all damage to rear and body). The engine has approx 60,000 on rebuild, (have documentaion) etc etc.
Anyone have any idea of a good price for this? Any help would be appreciated. Link to pix below.

Pix of wrecked Jeep XJ

Thanks,

Jim,

Doesn't answer your question I know, but...

What was the story with the theft? Kids on a joyride? Parts hacks? Kids wrecking 4x4s for fun here in the desert seems endemic.

We have a '94 too, which probably books for less than $2K, but we probably have around $4500+ in it so far just to make it fun & safe (could spend a whoooole lot more, I know). And if something happens to it, like it did to you guys, I'll likely get about $1K out of it after the deductable, so I'm reluctant to go too much more into it unless I went to the time and trouble to part it out like you're considering.

Thus, I watch your story with sad interest.

- sc

Are you askin what you will get insurance wise? or if YOU buy it back and sell it ?
insurance, you will get what average value is in your area for similar makes/models/conditions. If YOU are trying to get an idea for a seliing price...well, the body is a complete loss. I wouldn't pay more than 400$ for it. And that's max.

Back