• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my hands on the new TnT Ylink LA's

jrsxj98

DILIGAF
Well I got my hands on one of the first sets of new TnT Customs LA's, they have made a couple of design changes. First and formost you can now get Adj. Lowers (which I did) and they now use a RE super ride bushing at the axle end of the Lowers. I am truely impressed with the how easily this kit went on. Total of 6 1/2 hrs on the garage floor with no help. The most time comsuming part is drilling the holes for the frame sleeves and cutting off the brackets. This whole install went quicker than my drop brackets and brace (with alot less cursing). The instructions are well put together and easy to follow, and that quality carries right into the product they build. I plan on getting it out and flexing it up to see how much I gained over short arms/DB's. Pics to come very soon............

That's great! I think you'll be really happy with the kit in the long run.

I know I'm happy with mine.

It was cool to go through the install and feel that much more confident that the crossmember wasn't going anywhere after I installed all of those frame sleeves.

Get some pictures up already. ;)

Out here in MD loving my early TNT kit. Drilling those holes were a b!tch, but other than that the install went pretty smooth. I was sweating the long arms and the uppers lining up with my custom brackets on my Waggy 44, but it wasn't even an issue. The only problem I have is a slight vibration in reverse because the Tcase is making contact with the integrated skid plate. Although this is probably due to worn out motor mounts or a bad tranny mount, just haven't gotten around to fixing it. I think this kit has better ground clearance than a short arm kit. Get ahold of AppalachianXJ on the board. He's got a ton of pics of his XJ and mine with the TNT kit at Paragon a few weeks ago.

MIKe

Oh yeah, we are both running the Unibody reinforcement brackets as well. Talk about an awesome design!

You got instruction? Lucky you.
It was very easy to install though. I have not mounted the arms yet. Just the CM. I bent my stock one really bad so I had to jump a head of schedule. I have yet to drill the holes for the side mounts. I am just running the bottom 6 bolts. Since it is not holding the long arms in yet it should be good till I get the time. BTW Should I drill the big hole on the outside or inside? (for the Sleeves)

Ron4x4 said:
You got instruction? Lucky you.
It was very easy to install though. I have not mounted the arms yet. Just the CM. I bent my stock one really bad so I had to jump a head of schedule. I have yet to drill the holes for the side mounts. I am just running the bottom 6 bolts. Since it is not holding the long arms in yet it should be good till I get the time. BTW Should I drill the big hole on the outside or inside? (for the Sleeves)

There are instructions available in .pdf form now....you should email them for a copy. They are well written and easy to follow.

You'll want to drill the big hole on the outside of the frame for the sleeves.

Brian
www.projectxj.com

I will get pics up soon. I just got Back from my buddys alignment shop to get the alignment and wheelbase all dialed in. Cant wait to get out and wheel this thing......

91 Jeep Project said:
You kids and your Long Arms................. :laugh3:

Out of curiosity, is Matt the only one with the stiffener?

sometimes I have a stiffener....lol.......

Pic from J

MVC-007S.JPG

Last edited:
91 Jeep Project said:
You kids and your Long Arms................. :laugh3:

Out of curiosity, is Matt the only one with the stiffener?

I've got em too --pics on tntcustoms.com under install...

nice clearance, these dont come with the uppers?

yeah i saw that it was there, but didnt see it in the description in the link, but saw it on the other on the site.

87CherokeeChief said:
so how much?

woops didnt see 899....

worth every penny. considering you get the arms, and full belly pan. compare that to other la kits that easily run over 1100.00

Back