• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix, HO, and TPS

xj_convert

NAXJA Forum User
Exceedingly easy question for you guys:

I have a 91 HO which I have taken from 8MPG to 15MPG by reading this forum. I wanted to adjust my TPS in accordance with the procedures I've read and completely understand except for one big disconnect:

Everything I've read is for the Renix, up to 90. I can't seem to find what Renix means, but apparently it was the engine management used until the HO came out?

In any case, my TB has been cleaned, and is the 4 bolt design.
On the rear of the TB are two connectors- one is three pin directly in line with the throttle shaft, and the other hangs off toward the intake manifold, and has 4 pins.

On the three pin, there's ground, 5.018V, and .6888V: motor off, but key on.
On the four pin unplugged from the TB (need to rig a better 90 deg probe for meter) there's two 12V pins, and the others ?ground or return to ECU?

Maybe the 91 up aren't adjustable, maybe they switched to a system that works exactly backwards where closed is ~13% of applied voltage?

What am I missing?

Thanks

Back