• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My high lift mount...

Drunk tank

NAXJA Forum User
... is really uber low tech and simple!

Scored a 60" highlift from 4wheel parts (hate tthat place but had a 20% off thing).

Drilled two 1/2" holes in the cross bars on the roof rack and bolted the high lift right up there. I figured since this is cali i better not have the jack part up there so I threw it under my rear seat (cover by the rolled up towel (never leave home without a towel!). and I bungeed the handle to my OBA setup.

p50807068lz.jpg

p50807077wl.jpg

p50807085ss.jpg

p50807091mk.jpg

i had my jack stolen from my roof rack last year. id drill a hole through one of the bolts and put a lock on it. or put a bike lock through it and around one of the rails on the rack. seems like a PITA if you wheel very much. but by the looks of your rig its a mall crawler.

why would a mall crawler have co2

I had mine up there a long time ago, now its in the back across right infront of the lift gate. It was a pain on a trail but I def would drill a hole and put a lock on it. Thats how I had mine. Jeff

No way yall, those aftermarket mirrors are def a trail mod.... as are the chrome "a had Bushwackers" bolts on the fenders.

I would guess that a bungee will not prevent that handle from flying towards the back of your head during "aggresive" wheeling...

Or take out some glass...

If you wheel it...

Secure the hell out of it...

i'm glad i dont have a xj with straight body panels otherwise all the online community would question my credibility. OTOH mall cralwers are as lame as fdr's legs

Drunk tank said:
I figured since this is cali i better not have the jack part up there
Not following the logic there. You have your jack in three different places. I have mine mounted and locked (all in one piece) to the front bumper.

xjohnnyc said:
Not following the logic there. You have your jack in three different places. I have mine mounted and locked (all in one piece) to the front bumper.
pics?

Ramsey said:
Nothing high tech or innovative. Just a 4XRac mounted on the top of my C4X4 bumper (not very clear in the pic).
ken3.jpg

I was just waiting for someone to say, "How is this modified tech??" :D

Last edited:
xjohnnyc said:

Well the main reason is right now it just looks like a stick of metal... so why would anyone wanna fawk with it? As for the bungies.... look at the way it is wrapped. That bar is going NO WHERE! it cant go up or down (roof, floorboard) and I would be damn impressed to see that 2 lb bar SOMEHOW break two bungees.

As for everyone calling me a mall crawler.... my junk does look pretty bling in those pics. sure is ugly once the sun hits it.

I could go on and defend myself... but the fact that you all start tossing insults without ever wheeling with me shows your character. But never the less I'll still toss you a strap to pull you out of whatever i curb I just drove over at the mall.

Have a wonderful day
-Ryan
p9110482bw9ki.jpg

ctavel said:
No way yall, those aftermarket mirrors are def a trail mod.... as are the chrome "a had Bushwackers" bolts on the fenders.

um... the mirrors are stock. and those are stainless steel bolts. was just gonna do them in the rear so water didnt get in the cab... but I like a balanced apperance. I've been trying to find some of those barbed plastic plugs to replace them with but no luck. probably have to order them

Back