• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac bar replacement.

gw204

NAXJA Forum User
My '88 XJ 4x4 developed a horrible clunk yesterday that is noticeable when I go over bumps and turn the wheel side to side. Sure enough, the trac bar is toast at the bracket that mounts to the unibody. I ordered a new one from Quadratec.com this morning for $45 and it should be here in a few days.

Now for my question. When this happens, is there normally any damage to the trac bar mount? If so, I want to have all the necessary parts handy when I tear the old one out so I don't have any more downtime than is necessary.

The XJ has just under 212K on it.

Thanks.

Brian

gw204 said:
My '88 XJ 4x4 developed a horrible clunk yesterday that is noticeable when I go over bumps and turn the wheel side to side. Sure enough, the trac bar is toast at the bracket that mounts to the unibody. I ordered a new one from Quadratec.com this morning for $45 and it should be here in a few days.

Now for my question. When this happens, is there normally any damage to the trac bar mount? If so, I want to have all the necessary parts handy when I tear the old one out so I don't have any more downtime than is necessary.

The XJ has just under 212K on it.

Thanks.

Brian

Your bracket should be fine.

Back