• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 2.5 intake removal

Storydude

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, after searching my little heart out, I found that my High idle in the 2.5 is because of a blown intake gasket.

Now, next step is to actually FIX the thing. :)

I know the TB has to come off, and the EGR tube, but I cannot see ANY of the bolts holding it on. the FSM, and my haynes are not too clear on if there are 2 bolts shared between the Exhaust, and the intake.

Any tips, tricks, hints?

PS. this is on a 100$ comanche......Don't hate me.:)

You need a 9/16 wobblie socket and an 8" inch extension...the bolts are hiding under the intake..............when putting back on,be real careful as to get the intake mani flush against the head,this tells you you are on the alignment dowels....

Rags :wave:
www.arizonajeepextreme.com
Naxja member #114
Storydude said:
Ok, after searching my little heart out, I found that my High idle in the 2.5 is because of a blown intake gasket.

Now, next step is to actually FIX the thing. :)

I know the TB has to come off, and the EGR tube, but I cannot see ANY of the bolts holding it on. the FSM, and my haynes are not too clear on if there are 2 bolts shared between the Exhaust, and the intake.

Any tips, tricks, hints?

PS. this is on a 100$ comanche......Don't hate me.:)

Rags said:
You need a 9/16 wobblie socket and an 8" inch extension...the bolts are hiding under the intake..............when putting back on,be real careful as to get the intake mani flush against the head,this tells you you are on the alignment dowels....

Rags :wave:
www.arizonajeepextreme.com
Naxja member #114
Cool...I was thinking they were chilling under there...

Ok...New problems.

the manifold is off, the EGR tube does NOT have to come off IF you are careful...I Was.

Now, 2 bolts are snapped off in the head. Lower front, and lower rearmost. The two upper shared studs/bolts are snapped off flush with the manifold....I can get those out.

Are the bolts some funky pitch, or will I find them in the bolt isle of the hardware store?

Also TB gasket...Dealer only? or will RTV work in a pinch?

Back